Pebbledash removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of a reputable company in south london who will undertake this work? I have had a reasonable quote from an excellent company, just wondered if anyone has first hand experience of anyone else?

Yes I am aware of the potential issues that removal may uncover, but I think it will be worth it to restore the appearance of the house to its original condition. If all else fails I will have the place smooth rendered, but the pebbledash has to go one way or another!

Any advice welcome!

Sponsored Links
Why dont you post pics of all p/dashed elevations?

If the p/dash is removed from the ground level to say 1800mm or so, you will possibly get a good idea of what condition the background is in.

If the background is rough then its best to get a plasterer in to remove and re-render in modern materials.

any work above 1800mm should be from a scaff or tower.

If you post quoted prices the DIY'ers following these posts will benefit.

I'll try and get a pic up soon!

It's a very ordinary victorian terraced house. I have a ground floor bay, bedroom bay above, and a smaller window over the front door. To be honest there is not a lot of brick, it's mainly window. I have been quoted £4500 which includes replacement of upto 60 bricks if those beneath are damaged. Additional replacement bricks are charged at £9 each. This is the front of the property only, the rear has fortunately not been "modernised".

The company will remove the existing pebbledash, replace damaged bricks with reclaimed, matching replacements, clean the newly exposed brick surfaces, rake out and repoint using lime mortar. I think it sounds reasonable for south london

Sponsored Links
Afraid I can't recommend anyone in that area but £4.5 k sounds very reasonable indeed, especially as you say they are a reputable outfit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back