Pebbledash repair advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My 60s house is pebbledashed and we have painted it white. I have a patch on the wall where I removed a door canopy that does not have pebbledash that I want to fill in and paint to match the rest.

but I can’t find any plasterer to do it. I have contacted lots of local companies that claim they do pebbledashing on their website or Yell and none replied. Someone referred to me to someone who does it who came and gave cost but he then did his back in and it may take a long time.

another company said they don’t do pebbledash but can do something else which is similar and when painted it may blend in well. I can’t recall why it’s called.

so I wondered what my options te if I continue to not find someone who pebbledashes.

image attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• B6903E8E-214B-417A-90FC-73862E4F7006.jpeg
    B6903E8E-214B-417A-90FC-73862E4F7006.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
OP,
This is a DIY do'able job.
1. brush off dusty debris, & wet down to take up suction.
2. mix a sticky slurry of cement and water. Or use SBR if you happened to have any?
3. brush the slurry on - dry coat, tacky coat.
4. mix a 3:1 sand and cement render.
5. apply the render to the tacky slurry.
6. use a sponge to roughly texture the surface of the new render matching and blending as best you can with the old render.
7. masonry paint when well dry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back