Pebbledashing and DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a house in the summer and just had a company around touting for business (to redo the outside walls with some form of resin, wasn't keen as it sounded a bit iffy to me, too much scaremongering slagging off rendered walls etc for my liking).
One thing they did point out was that the pebbledashing went all the way to the floor breaching the DPC and was causing damp inside the room. I'm not totally convinced there is currently a problem as the plaster inside is exposed ready for decorating and looks fine.
That said it did make me think that perhaps having the pebbledash to the floor would breach the DPC, if it may turn into a problem I guess could try and chip off the render til its above the DPC.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The_Wilderbeast said:
That said it did make me think that perhaps having the pebbledash to the floor would breach the DPC, if it may turn into a problem I guess could try and chip off the render til its above the DPC.
Yes, you will have problem later on, so find the dpc level and use a angle grinder about 50mm above the dpc and fit the render stop beading with non-rust screws & rawlplugs then make good to the render stop + pebbledash. Remove all the rendering below the render stop.
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back