Pegler scribe and JG speedfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I need to swap out 2 speedfit pipes (for a radiator upstairs) to chrome pipe as its exposed.
My idea was to use a speedfit connector at the bottom (hopefully under the floorboards) and then use teclite elsewhere.
I was going to use the scribe tool for the teclite fittings but wondered if i could use it for the speedfit end rather than sanding off the chrome?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean tectight fittings ? never heard of Teclite fittings

Sponsored Links
bugger
I was hoping the scribe tool would match up with the speedfit gripping ring.

Ian, Its not a case of doing it right or not doing it right. Its a case of confirming if something is right.
The Tectite tool scribes chrome pipe so that there connectors can grip. Is it not logical to ask if the speedfit connectors work on the same principal?
I am more than happy to use the tectite system but would like the ability to use demountable connections if possible.
I will be using compression fittings as much as i can but there are a couple of connections where I dont want the clumpy fittings visible and a couple where I cant get spanners in. I know i could solder but the ease of the tectite/speedfit works for me.
You have given me excellent advice in the past so I do appreciate what you are saying
Take care

Jeez! Imagine the majority of those posting on here as an apprentice! They'd be picking wrenches out of their foreheads within 5 minutes! :sick:

Ooop sorry if I offended or came across as stroppy. I am old school (as well as old) and I was told that if you dont understand something you ask why. Its not questioning the facts just trying to understand better the reasoning.

Ian, Its not a case of doing it right or not doing it right. Its a case of confirming if something is right.
The Tectite tool scribes chrome pipe so that there connectors can grip. Is it not logical to ask if the speedfit connectors work on the same principal?
I am more than happy to use the tectite system but would like the ability to use demountable connections if possible.
I will be using compression fittings as much as i can but there are a couple of connections where I dont want the clumpy fittings visible and a couple where I cant get spanners in. I know i could solder but the ease of the tectite/speedfit works for me.
You have given me excellent advice in the past so I do appreciate what you are saying
Take care
It is your house, you can do as you like, would I trust the scribe tool over a few mins of removing the chrome, not a chance, hope you are good at joinery and plastering when the ceiling comes down

Ian
That puts it into perspective.
Cheers for all the advice I shall go in search for the file and sandpaper.
Thanks

Would never trust a fitting that needs a supplementary tool to ensure it works/fits correctly.

I've cut off more Tectite fittings, more so recently as they age, than any other due to seal failures and weeping connections. They seem inherently unstable when fitted and they really don't like being on CH pipework or anywhere they may be under sideways stress.

Old school is always to remove any chrome plating when connecting pipework IMO.

Thanks for all the replies.
interesting what you say about pegler, given the choice would you go for speedfit over pegler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back