Penetrating damp - holiday home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First time post - looking for advice. I've got a small holiday home with solid stone walls that's battered by the worst of the Welsh weather.

As a result the plaster is blown on the inside of the 2 end walls (above 1 metre). I've had quotes for a chemical DPC and tanking, but the overall cost was too high and to me, treated the symptoms and not the problem...

Is the answer the answer to have the pointing hacked out and replaced and do I insist on lime pointing (I've read the posts on this subject!). I don't want to end up having the building rendered and painted - but I do want a final solution.

I appreciate that as it's not a permanently occupied building that damp may always be a problem, I just want to know that I've done all that can be done!

Also - does anyone know a reputable builder in Pembrokeshire with experience of old buildings like this.

Hopefully some pics should be available with this post.

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back