Perimeter to floor ratio / floor construction

The Jablite site says I should be using internal dimensions, so that would make my calcs 1.520+3.940+.572 / 5.98 = 1.00 (omitting the non exposed walls)

Sponsored Links
85mm cellotex/kingspan will give a u-value of 0.21W/m2k which is above what you need to achieve based on your calcs

Odd how things appear to differ from post code.

We've had to put 100mm celotex under floors for yonks here.25mm upstands.The DPM has to go OVER the insulation.It then has to be bedded into the DPC joint.If its not possible at time of laying the slab we use wider DPC to fold down the wall to overlap the DPM.

If using Jablite the thickness will need to be increased.

Thanks guys.

I'll be getting building control to give the plans a once over so that, hopefully, I shouldn't get caught out by local anomolies. I'd like to over do the insulation if possible, but it's such a small build I think that'll mostly be determined by what thickness left overs I can get my hands on.

Sponsored Links
Odd how things appear to differ from post code.

We've had to put 100mm celotex under floors for yonks here.25mm upstands.The DPM has to go OVER the insulation.It then has to be bedded into the DPC joint.If its not possible at time of laying the slab we use wider DPC to fold down the wall to overlap the DPM.

If using Jablite the thickness will need to be increased.

There's no postcode difference. Thermal insulation is a National standard. What differs is the understanding of building inspectors. One wants one thing, another wants another. My advice is tell them what they want to hear and then do it the correct way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back