Permission for creating parking/pull in in front of house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm thinking of buying a cottage which has no off road parking. There is a courtyard to the front bounded by a rough 3 foot stone wall which belongs to the cottage. If I take down part of the wall I could create a pull in for the car. Access would not be from the main road but from an unmade lane parallel to the front of the cottage leading to the adjacent farm.
I suppose I need to find out who owns the lane and any access restrictions. If owned by the farm there might be negotiating to do! But can I assume that Planning Permission would be needed anyway and would I have to go to the expense of having plans drawn up?
It's a 17th century cottage but strangely not a listed building or in a conservation area.

Sponsored Links
Is the lane gated? if not just mention to the farmer what you hope to do.
If it's got a gate you may have to negotiate.
You shouldn't need to get planning involved unless the property has any restricted covenants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back