PERRYMATIC WF80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: :cry: Boiler stopped working not suprising as water had got into tank, now removed all water from tank and purged fuel lines to boiler. Also cleaned the kingsway valve and checked it worked. Back together igniter working but does not fire up. Help please

Sponsored Links
Is it spraying Kero ??

Could be water in bottom of stator!!

Did you remove rotor and suck out fuel/water ??

Burner motor and any rim preheaters are probably dead, wicks soaked etc etc. Some spares are going to be difficult to get. Really you need to find yourself a 102 Oftec technician - these old wallflames will go with a very unpleasant bang if you get it wrong - that's assuming that the water didn't come from the heat exchanger(tank???). If it did you are probably wasting your time trying to repair - it can't owe you anything at its age!

Spraying from where?
Under the fan the fuel pipe ends in what looks like a pump thi as I have gone. Not touched the pump is the rotor inside?
What is a stator!

Sponsored Links
as scw said best get a 102 oftec guy out ;)

Look on the oftec site and search post code nearest to you :idea:

Have they fixed that search yet? It used to just return a seeminly random selection regardless!

The 'pump' is an electric motor consisting of a stator and rotor(with the burnerpot attached)
It spins the burner throwing oil out of the central nozzle under centrifugal force so that it hits the hot walls of the pot and vaporises and ignites.

If the whole thing is not set up just so then you can end up filling the whole affair with oil vapour and having your own mini Buncefield.
With respect your questions indicate that you are not competent to work on this equipment and that you should get yourself an oil tech - 102 is the registration relating to vaporising appliances(such as yours) and is not held by that many techs as there are really relatively few vaporising appliances out there.

Doesn't sound like the boiler in question but there you go. The reason I am having a go is that the local oil tech - 102 acould not find the problem. Mind you he did spot that the fuel was 90% water. The boiler is Perrymatic WF80 i this the type you are speaking bout. Thanks for your help so far

Circular boiler.
A series of flame grilles arranged around the circumference.
A spinning fan in the centre!! (Inside)

If so carefully lift out the fan (Rotor) and make sure the well it sits in contains kero not water!!
Also check delivery tubes are not blocked! (ON rotor)
Most Oftec guys will not have a clue!!

Try to find an old bas#ard :LOL:
I cut my teeth on these fu##ers

Why would you not class a wall flame burner a vapouriser?

On an estate I look after there are 4 old Wilsons which are at least 10 years older than me :D and I had two perry's on the books until the HE's perforated

I think its a bit much to say that most Oftec guys don't have a clue you have to have some interest to even bother with a 102 reg - granted gaining experience is harder to achieve unless you live in AGA central and harder still on wallflames but its hardly housebasher territory!

Morning
Rotor ducts are clear, no fuel in well, virtually nil fuel getting to well, have dried out remaining water from well, hardly any fuel leaving Kingsway valve, kingsway valve clear when blown through and float chamber fills up, seems to be a big drop in flow between tank and boilier but fuel is clean having said that it is more than a dribble but not the fuel I would expect. Comments please

where you from desbarron?

You right r.e. oftec not meaning your any better than non oftec but it was an idea to get someone who may know about wallflame's
I only know after being on the road with an old git :LOL:

Who is not oftec reg but very good hes retired now leaving me with the damn things :rolleyes:

how expensive are thrust pads now :evil:

lost my eyebrows before after customer keeps trying to light before i get there

Stupid question perhaps but have you reset the trip on the front of the OCV, Is the secondry float chamber full stopping the OCV refilling.

Thanks to all. no questions re stupid!
Sat back and took deep breath.
Purged the system a second time.
Still no fuel.
So i raised the Kingsway valve 1/2" above where the expert had left it and to where it was originally..........fuel at last!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ignition...........
Has been running for hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back