Perspiration stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with an answer to remove perspiration stains from bed linen?

Sponsored Links
you're clever aren't you.. :rolleyes: that's where he came from ... :LOL:

they did a thing on mythbusters where they used urine to remove stains..

they boiled it down to concentrate it..

it's actually the amonia in the pee that gets the stains out.. try some of that..

my advice would be:

Old Perspiration

Washable Fabrics

Dissolve 15 ml (one tablespoon) of white distilled vinegar in 250 ml (half a pint) of warm water and sponge stain, then wash as normal. If smell remains, soak the article in a solution of one teaspoon of borax dissolved in one pint of warm water. Wash as normal and hang out to dry.

Non Washable Fabrics

Carefully sponge with the vinegar solution used above, do not allow to become too wet, then take to dry-cleaners.

Sponsored Links
very top of the page...

Perspiration stain
This topic originated from the How to page called Old Perspiration
Click here to return to the page called Old Perspiration

i missed it too, i only realised when i went to the how to section, looked under stains, clicked a link and ended up back here... :rolleyes: :LOL:

If you can get hold of it some Napisan will do the trick - it can be used as a pre-soak/wash or just added to the detergent in your washing machine.

May i point out that Cejay (the OP) made only the one post and he made that Last year

so i dont suppose he cares now

Guess he either got his answer, or has resigned himself to sleeping on grotty sheets! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back