Pest control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, guess what? We have mice!!!

Noticed them a few months back and quickly chucked a dozen traps down. A few weeks later the scratching had gone and no more traps going bang in the night. Now a few months later I can hear scratching again over my head. At the monent it's not the end of the world as we're doing an extension and have yet to put carpets down but we can't go on like this forever. I have gone round the outside of the house and blocked any holes I could find with wirewool and expanding foam but they still seem to be getting in. I'm slightly wary of calling someone in from the yellow pages and don't like the thought of someone banging holes in my ceiling can anyone recommend a company, or person who would be able to help me out?

I live in the Bracknell area.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could try any of the numerous sonic/electronic devices that are around- not sure how effective they are (they claim to be better than the Pied Piper though)

As a quick solution, you could always try Peppermint oil.... Rats and Mice hate the stuff, we had some in a roof space, so we put lots of cotton wool pads with several drops of peppermint oil on around the area. The little blighters soon moved on..and straight to the humane traps we'd set outside.

Are you sure it's mice and not birds?

As long as you're absolutely sure that no more can get in, use poison. This is almost impossible to be sure of unless your house is detached.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's mice and not birds?

As long as you're absolutely sure that no more can get in, use poison. This is almost impossible to be sure of unless your house is detached.

where is the best place to buy mice, rat poison. all sheds sell herbal killer which is rubbish and can take 2 weeks to kill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back