Petrol lawnmower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a petrol lawnmower that has no choke. It will start ok but then will start to splutter and cut out after about 10-20 secs. Any ideas for a cure greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if its under warranty take it back and get a refund, if not take it to the dump. do not try and get it repaired, its junk.

Sponsored Links
check the air filter is not blocked, had same issue on mine. gave the air filter a wash and it works fine now.

Has it a Briggs and Stratton or Tecumseh engine?
If it has, there's a gasket between the carburettor and the fuel tank that needs replacing.
John :)

if its a Briggs and Stratton remove air filter and pour a tea spoon of petrol in the Carburettor this is the only engine that will start better this way. i have done this with thousands od new Briggs and Stratton motors

It is a Tecumseh, engine so I will give the gasket a try. Thanks for the responses

There is also a diaphragm in the fuel pump, if this is damaged it will not pump the fuel to the carb.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back