Peugeot 106 radio code?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I had it with the MI in the black folder but no!

So how can I get the radio code without having to pay a dealer?

Tony

Sponsored Links
if your lucky it MAY be on the unit itself,or take it to the dealers and politely ask them if they may have it on there system,or google it it may come up with a link to buying the various codes etc

Next question would be how to get the radio out of the console?

Tony

locate the small holes on the edges of the unit,might be 2 or 4,then either the correct keys(doubtful you have any)you could try using some metal coat hanger.insert into the holes and hopefully you should be able to gently YANK the unit out.
or it might be a total P.I.A and there are hidden screws holding it in :?:

Sponsored Links
Hang on, this is a Pungent 106 with the original makers radio!

There are no "4-holes" for which I DO have the extractor tools. And if I am not arsed to find my own tool then I can do the job with a coat hanger!

You think I was born yesterday, man?

It was not yesterday, man, but de day BEFORE yesterday, man!

So give some REAL advice on how to get that set out, man!

I know they don't like us giving out potential rival sites on here but..

this site has a nice guy who gets the codes for you for free.. you just need the serial numbers etc off the side of the radio..

as for how to get it out, no idea, go look at a haynes manual or something..

do us a photo of the radio and we'll tell you where to stick the coathangers.. :)

is it this one? View media item 22879 http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=13

Hang on, this is a Pungent 106 with the original makers radio!

There are no "4-holes" for which I DO have the extractor tools. And if I am not a***d to find my own tool then I can do the job with a coat hanger!

You think I was born yesterday, man?

It was not yesterday, man, but de day BEFORE yesterday, man!

So give some REAL advice on how to get that set out, man!

bit of a ramble that,no youve lost me.

As no one has answered I have had to search for the answer and come up with this!

Theres two ways of removing it, if its pre 95 its a bugger. U need 2 very thin screwdriver/blade type tool which you place down the middle of the radio either side being carefull not to scratch anything as you will see it all when you take the radio out and put the new one in.

If its after 95 it will either have 2 holes either side or 1 hole either side, halfords sell the ISO release keys for it, place the keys into the holes. It can on the pug be tight some time so use a blade/screwdrive underneath to help prize the unit out. If you get the keys and your radio only has one hole either side just open up the release keys.

I think that mine is 1994 so its the bugger! Well it must be as there are no holes. Any suggestions to the best thing to use? Particularly how far I have to push?

Tony

they recomend a couple of thin blades such as a pallet knife used in kitchen.. something thin but flexible..

a couple of butter knives might also work..

try the link on my other post above, they discuss it on there..

Take it to an independant radio seller, maybe charge you a tenner, and give you the code.

the dealer would want £30.

Or you could search the interweb, for a generic code.

Or if you searched through all the generic material that you got with the car when you bought it, you might see the code somewhere=free.

I did first search the manuals folder but did not find it there as it should have been.

It was easy with a filling knife to flatten the two clips on either side which are only about 10mm in.

However that has not solved the problem as even by levering hard the radio will only come out by about 15mm. It seems to be sticking in the centre underneath.

If I could get the trim off that might help me to see more about why it will not come out.

Any ideas how I can get it out?

Tony

As you are still stuck, as the preferred method isn't working for you (ie my car, a Toyota, the radio is bolted in, and you need to remove the trim), I suggest you have a wander over to the Pug owners club, they usually have a wiki thesedays, and most have a free section to post a quickie question. They aren't boy racer sites, and have loads of useful tips and advice.

Of all the cars I've had, I don't think I've ever had a Pug, but fancied a 205 at the time.

Do you have a link?

I have two pugs at the moment, a 106 and a 406. A few others too! ( Volvo, Kia, Nissan, Astra, Frontera and Laguna ).

I give advice on gas boilers on this forum and we have several who regularly work on boilers and we all know exactly how to do any job.

Where are all the car mechanics who do this all day long to advise us?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back