Peugeot Expert Van Locks!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the second time my van has been broken into by the barrel being "Popped" out of the lock!! does anyone know if this is a big problem with all Expert vans or a faulty lock?? The van is a 06 plate and i cant believe it was so easy for a thief to break in. The most important question is can i do anything to the locks to stop the robbin bas**rds :LOL:

(also the barrel just clicked back into place as it was left on site and works perfectly!! )

thanks for any info in advance. Ta

Sponsored Links
Get some deadlocks

They work like a mortice lock would on say a wooden door

I had a citroen dispatch (same van) had exactly the same problem, I cant believe they havent solved this

I ended up removing the lock out and fitting a nut and bolt instead.

Sponsored Links
fit a remote locking kit, fit the actuators and then remove the rods to the door lock barrels, I've done this on several of our vans it makes them very secure. one of our dispatches had 2 door handles pulled out and they didn't get in..

Remote lockin kit?? i have a key fob which locks all doors when i press the button is this that system? this is a factory standard i.e its part of the key i was given when i bought the van

factory ones are a pain because if the lock is ripped out by skum it is easy to unlocks all the doors, the answer is to disconnect the switch contacts on the drivers and if fitted passenger doors

It's a pity vangadgets don't do lock cover plates for the Peugeot Expert (according to their list).

I guess it's because of the vertical orientation of the door handles. However, the slam locks WILL fit.............................it's the £481 :eek: for the set that you have to get over first.

Sponsored Links
Back