Peugeot part number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone give me the part number for a 406 N/S rear door quarter light rubber?

Cheers,

Tim

Sponsored Links
Hi, can anyone give me the part number for a 406 N/S rear door quarter light rubber?

Cheers,

Tim

Yes, you ring, or call into a peugeot dealer, and ask them?

Or equally you go on the relevant website, and ask them? peugeot owners club?

i.e.

"Hi, it's Mickymoody here; can you give me the part number, or price for a 406 n/s reardoor quarter panel light door rubber"; easy!

Or go to a scrappy and retrieve it yourself.

I have tried the peugeot dealers, 3 of them in fact, but they seem to be rather unhelpful round here, 2 wouldnt give me the part number, and one insisted the window was bonded in (it clearly isnt)

I was trying to get one from fleabay, but the few people on there want part numbers, which I dont have, in a coupld of weeks I will do the tour de' scrappys to find the relevant bits, just thought somone on here might be able to help.

There's a guy on EBay who sells workshop manuals on CDrom, he also sells the parts lists on CDrom. I got one a couple of years back for a Primera. Maybe you could track it down that way.

Sponsored Links
Ah OK, so it's not rear door rubber you are after, but the rear quarter panel seal. 406, so what year is the car, and what is the chassis number (via PM if necessary), and why is the seal required?

After 1990 very likely to be bonded.

Why has the dealer refused to supply the information to you? What reason did they give? Have you tried ringing a company such as Autoglass that the dealers contract out glass replacement, or looked at the windows for the manufacturer, and tried to call them? Have you tried to contact the Pugeot owners club?

My dealer is very accomodating, and gives discount, or throws in freebies, I took in my ancient '87 Celica, with all the new Lexus about, and said, bet you don't support these? They said No problem, see them daily. When I had an Avensis, they fixed stuff I didn't even know was broke! for free. Don't understand when manufacturers/dealers refuse to help? They go through the blueprint design on the computer with me to highlight the correct part. It's hardly like they are telling you how the security system works!

Mickymoody, all dealers are different, I've used a few dealers in my time depending on the car I owned at the time, VW were always quite helpful however Vauxhall and Renault have no understanding of the term 'customer service'. Its not that hard to grasp is it? This is a car forum after all and not everyone is savvy enough to use the other alternative you suggest. You certainly have a way with words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back