phlexiflow shower waste flow switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping someone out there has experienced something similar to this problem. I installed a phlexiflow high flow waste system to a shower (basement flat). All works fine until I switch off the shower and the 2 flow switches (vertically installed just before the power shower) stay closed and keep the waste pump running.
I have unscrewed both switches and checked for free movement. All seems ok.
I was wondering if anybody has had a similar issue. This has got me stumped !

The kit was installed as per instruction and the manufacturer had no idea.

Sponsored Links
They are supposed to 'run on' for a short while after the shower is shut off to allow the shower tray to drain fully.
Is this what's happening, possibly?

Thanks for applying your plumbing brain to this one - The waste pump definately 'runs on' after the shower is shut off. It just does not stop. When I put a meter across the flow switch to investigate the problem, it was displaying a closed circuit - and I left it for several minutes before switching off at the mains to avoid running the pump dry.

Sponsored Links
If it runs on and on and on and on and on and on and has been fitted correctly, then something is probably faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back