High flow wastes for bath shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Just installed a bath with a shower mixer tap which ive pumped as our hot and cold feeds to the shower originally were poor.

Anyway I've installed a standard bath 50mm waste and is plumbed using 40mm tube into the drain. I've noticed that due to the shower flow the drain is struggling to cope with the glossary into the bath.

Are there any decent wastes i can install which will stop the bath from filling up when I have a shower?

Ps my waste is unblocked and simply has a 40mm flexible pipe from the bath onto the original waste which is a 40mm tube with an elbow into the drain outside!

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
For a man who likes a good pump, there is an obvious solution ;)

Unless you are willing to try to enlarge the plughole itself (must admit, I wouldn't :confused: ) then a mechnical aid to the flow seems the only solution. No doubt someone will come along soon and prove me wrong :oops: ;)

Sponsored Links
Yeah il have a look into that. Was hoping there maybe an easier way though, like a different design plug and waste
Which would fit the standard bath hole!

I thought having a pumpedshower system would be really nice and was keen to get one fitted, however Im now realising I may have to spend more money sorting niggly issues!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back