Phone lines advice needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have got a site (old offices) with about 500 lines coming in on various different cables, mostly underground and along the front of the building and some overhead some fiber lines also.. Only one pair is in use for the site office, but I’m not sure which cable this is on. It’s a complete mess of external wiring and I want to remove all obsolete cables and just leave one multipair line for the new development which will need 20 pairs.

The other issue is that some of the lines arrear to supply neighbouring properties overhead from my building.

There are no wayleaves in place and Openreach want £2.5k just to tell me which lines are in use so they can quote to re-route them!

I ‘m told that because the building was council owned there was an agreement years ago that public buildings could be used for distribution of post office lines?

Can anyone advise further on this? I mainly just want the exterior tidied up as it’s a right mess of cables all over.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have sent you a PM with contact details of the High Level resolution department at OpenReach.

At the moment I have a mild dispute with them involving a wayleave across my land for a UG cable to an adjacent property. My line was to be re-routed on the new cable on a certain date which meant I had to be there on the appointed day. They failed to keep the appointment and failed to tell me that it had been changed to the next day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back