Photos, wago conenctors, galv boxs and more!

S

sjwkmje

As you all like photos so much here are some photos of how I like to install down lighters or light fittings that require removal of the ceeling rose. Take a look and tell me what you think,

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamhorden/Loft?authkey=JBPNEG3WF58#

You may notice I even dressed the screws. Some of these photos were work in progress. The one JB thats floating has been secured down and a lid attached. It was used to connect the old 3 way lighting cable to a new section when we moved the light switch. It was also sleeved correctley. At the time it was done like that to restore power. The vent axia transfromer is like that as half way into the job the other two fans fitted onto a standard socket patress where that one would not so I waitied for a new one to arive FOC and replaced it.

This job the entire upstairs lighting circuit was re wired and split so the bathrooms are fed via an RCBO and the rest via a 10A type b.

Thanks,

Adam

Sponsored Links
This job the entire upstairs lighting circuit was re wired and split so the bathrooms are fed via an RCBO and the rest via a 10A type b.

How did you run the cabling for the rest of the lighting circuit?

>50mm deep, earthed conduit, flexishield etc or surface in trunking?

Nice work but I won't be giving up on junction boxes just yet :)

Sponsored Links

How did you run the cabling for the rest of the lighting circuit?

>50mm deep, earthed conduit, flexishield etc or surface in trunking?

Nice work but I won't be giving up on junction boxes just yet :)

At the moment the breaker for this job is on the RCD side of the split load board. I want to get a couple of 10A mem 2000 RCBOs when I go back to finish up some more work there. No one seems to have any. I want to get a couple of 10A or 6A if I can type b. This is for the rest of the upstairs lighting. The other half is on an RCBO. I could only get hold of one at the time.

The job was not that good as we could not get a new feed from the consumer unit to the loft without the floor coming up. As its a chipboard floor that means a circular saw. So in the loft there is a galv junction connecting the old feed to the new feed. When we go back and we have access to the floor I will drop in a new feed to the first light upstairs and remove the galv junction. And I will do the same for the 3 way switch cable.

Everything in the loft is surface clipped. And ran over the top of the insulation.

Thanks Gary, not many people say nice work to me. Most customers don't see the effort that goes into making the cabling neat no twists etc.

Adam

Most customers don't see the effort that goes into making the cabling neat no twists etc.

I'm totally with you on that. It's a pet hate to see cables twisted, sagging and clipped unevenly.

Also, good luck tracking down 6A type B RCBO's, they're a pain in the rear to get hold of :(

Most customers don't see the effort that goes into making the cabling neat no twists etc.

I'm totally with you on that. It's a pet hate to see cables twisted, sagging and clipped unevenly.

Also, good luck tracking down 6A type B RCBO's, they're a pain in the rear to get hold of :(

All I am using them for is compliance with 17th edd. I hardly ever do domestic work now, I work along side another spark who is a compitent person when I do. He knows the state and quality of my work so has no issue doing the testing and inspection. Most of the time I do the testing and inspection my self and he signs it off.

You would have noticed the YT2 up the wall to the spur just to make the cables look a little neater. I went round the lot later with silicon so it all blends in and sealed.

Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back