Pillar tap dismantle

Sorry, also meant to ask, do I need to replace the entire valve or just the ceramic disc ?

To be honest, doing a quick Internet search, there seems to be little difference in cost between buying the whole thing or just the disc, so I guess I may as well buy a new valve complete.

Sponsored Links

This link shows how to dismantle 2 basin lever taps (not mixer).

Basically unscrew levers and unscrew protruding thread and washer. The top of tap lift off. I didn’t have to replace cartridge.

My problem was the taps are standard my home’s plumbing wasn’t. Meaning the taps turned on into the middle of the basin instead of out the way. If I’d put them on as they came the H & C would either be on the wrong pipe (dangerous) or the mechanism rotated awkwardly. To rectify I took tops off switched them over, popped tops back on, checking they turned correctly and reassembling.

N.B. Luckily I realised this before I installed the taps so it wasn’t a big fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back