Pilot light keeps going out when boiler is not calling for heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a very old conventional boiler, an Ideal Mexico Super, which I would guess is about 30 years old. This thing, despite its age, has been very reliable, probably due to the simplicity of design.
I am in no doubt that someone will say that it's time to replace it, and I am under no illusion that this would be right.
However, I have a more immediate problem. The pilot light keeps going out, when the boiler is not calling for heat. So I can re-light it, but if the boiler doesn't kick in, the flame dies out again.

Can anyone give me some advice, (without the hard sell) if there is anything I can do to keep this going, until I can seek a new boiler.

Regards
Chris

Sponsored Links
Yep, it's a pretty cheap and easy fix for a GSR engineer. It does need an engineer to visit though.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Get a registered gas eng. in, normally a simple fix and minimal parts.

Sponsored Links
not something that you can fix yourself but most certainly repairable, if you say where in the country you are possibly someone can recommend someone for you , if you get a poke and go merchant they will say you need a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back