PILOT LIGHT, WON'T LIGHT - Any suddestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow Worm Fulesaver Mk II 40 boiler, which I switched off over summer. I went to restart it the other day (because the Mrs was moaning she was cold) and the pilot will not light.

I can see the ignitor sparking through the window but get no flame at all. When depressing the gas button I can't hear any gas flow noise.

Can someone help me out with any pointers to diagnosing the problem?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Press spark button as fast as you can this helps catch it , also there could be a bit of air in pipe that has to come out first this should only be seconds or so.

Press spark button as fast as you can this helps catch it , also there could be a bit of air in pipe that has to come out first this should only be seconds or so.

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go. However I'm unsure that I'm getting any gas through at all, as I can't hear it.

Sponsored Links
You won't be able to hear it. Do as suggested and if that fails then you may have to get it looked at by a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back