Pimp the Pebbledash

Sponsored Links
It's hideous! Oh and what have you done to the neighbours house?

Thanks Joe, funny how the same bricks have been used for over 300 years in London. Spose you are one of those 70's pebbledash lovers. I have to add that the walls are still wet at this point and will settle down within a week. The neighbours house??????? nothing.

how exactly have you acheived this, and not that it matters but imo it looks 100% better.

Sponsored Links
I think the transoms are too high on the bay, 100mm lower would look better but the brick work looks ok :D

how exactly have you acheived this, and not that it matters but imo it looks 100% better.
The darker background is sprayed on first (coloured with pigments in the mixer) and just as it starts to harden, the top coat is coloured different, and sprayed over 3-4mm thick. With a spray gun the 'patching' is added with 2-3 different colours to get the LB look, then once a crust starts to form, we carve the joints with a small 'butter curler' style tool. The product is called decopierre (French), there are plenty of samples on you tube. Next project is 260 mtrs: random stone on a house in Manchester.

I think the transoms are too high on the bay, 100mm lower would look better but the brick work looks ok :D
You work with what ur given. The house was re-windowed, roof is 'bent' and the side wall has a 2" wide crack top to bottom. Clent is selling, and being London, kerb appeal helps to get the £300k asking price. (I know, I know, £90-£100k up'th north.) :rolleyes:

I for what its worth think it looks alot better than the pebble dash finish and can see why house holders/sellers would want it down,by having it done did the seller add any of it to the asking price?

there had been a survey done by potential buyer and there was a roof issue,(now sorted) and walls needed new dashing (commented on survey). Buyer pulled out. Customer found us on web. and I believe the houses opposite that were sand blasted brick, sold for £12k more than his asking price. So who knows. View media item 20425 Sent by client this morning. Before anyone asks Under £2k ;)

Well it looks far better than the original, sprayed on or not!

What did they do to the drive, jet wash or sand blast?

Well it looks far better than the original, sprayed on or not!

What did they do to the drive, jet wash or sand blast?
The drive was treated with our moss cleaner (Rooof Mousse) before we left. Client then used a lillte DIY power washer the following day. Having said that the block paving was covered all the time we were there, so the residue white stuff was just marble dust. :)

The brick lines are all over the place. It looks pretty naff really when you look. Better off with a roller and masonry paint instead of pseudo-bricks of all shapes and sizes.

And you've sprayed all over your neighbour's house.

The brick lines are all over the place. It looks pretty naff really when you look. Better off with a roller and masonry paint instead of pseudo-bricks of all shapes and sizes.

And you've sprayed all over your neighbour's house.

Its subjective as to how it looks - I think it looks a lot better than previously but a clean white coat may also have improved the look

Does look like the neighbours house has been sprayed on though?

Be intereesting to judge it in the flesh

The neighbours wall was full of paint drips from their attempts at painting the gutter, so I went over the walls with acid and then some colours which will fade to the correct shade within a few weeks, As will our work. One happy neighbour. The London brick next to this property (right of) was hand made and circa 1800, measuring between 3" and 4" deep, 6" & 8" long, as we offer a service that has no restrictions in design, colour, shape, feel, style we can do boring flat, standard shape, standard colour zzzzzzzzzzzzzz or we can offer customers what they want and ask for. ( Yes it's actually pssible). Stranger things have been asked for, and as for painting it white????? Grow up.
Neighbour happy
Customer: Over the moon.
The rest of the universe....................... SFW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back