Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me why my main inlet pipe looks like this?

Attachments

• 15981098423306812226620365959077.jpg
    15981098423306812226620365959077.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Looks like what, green? Give the pipe a scrape. I would expect it to be copper. It's just oxidation, give it a rub with a green scourer/wire wool and it should remove it.

Looks like what, green? Give the pipe a scrape. I would expect it to be copper. It's just oxidation, give it a rub with a green scourer/wire wool and it should remove it.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if it had gone like that due to a leak.

Sometime it can be a leak and the minerals turn it green or it's the flux from solder which is acidic. Give it a clean and then a dry and see if it's weeping from somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Sometime it can be a leak and the minerals turn it green or it's the flux from solder which is acidic. Give it a clean and then a dry and see if it's weeping from somewhere.
Thanks. Trying to locate a leak under a concrete floor, just thought the green might be an indication of where its located.

In the Winter months the pipe surface will be very cold and moisture in the inside air will constantly condense on the surface causing the copper carbonate layer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back