pipelines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been browsing wikimapia, and spotted something odd.

It appears to be a pipeline running from the River Ouse, just East of Drax, in a general Westerly direction, towards Aberford, Leeds, alongside the A1M. At the Ouse, it crosses underneath the river to some sort of terminal on the other side. At Aberford the line crosses the A1M and carries on towards Harrogate.

Drax end:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=53.73041&lon=-0.9465837&z=15&l=0&m=b&v=8

I'm guessing its exposed because its new, or its being replaced - some of the imagery of the west end of the pipeline is older and the soil has been replaced but you can still follow the line.

Does anyone know what this pipeline is for, and why it is being replaced or built?

It does make me wonder how many pipes are hidden beneath us - this pipe goes across open country - I wonder if someone somewhere has a record of all these lines.

Sponsored Links
Just been browsing wikimapia, and spotted something odd.

It appears to be a pipeline running from the River Ouse, just East of Drax, in a general Westerly direction, towards Aberford, Leeds, alongside the A1M. At the Ouse, it crosses underneath the river to some sort of terminal on the other side. At Aberford the line crosses the A1M and carries on towards Harrogate.

Drax end:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=53.73041&lon=-0.9465837&z=15&l=0&m=b&v=8

I'm guessing its exposed because its new, or its being replaced - some of the imagery of the west end of the pipeline is older and the soil has been replaced but you can still follow the line.

Does anyone know what this pipeline is for, and why it is being replaced or built?

It does make me wonder how many pipes are hidden beneath us - this pipe goes across open country - I wonder if someone somewhere has a record of all these lines.

its funny that thee brings this up has there has been a lot of diggin going on lately, i think its somethink to do with nuclear bunkers and exploding undies if yea ask me, did yea see the sindged undies they put on the news
a could of done more damage eating a tin of beans terrorist my ar..s

you can trace it quite far if you look at the differing colours on the ground..

I dare say that some central government agency would have a map of all the pipelines..
the land registry perhaps..?

apparently it might be a CO² pipeline.. ( from the drax coal power station )
they're going to pump it back into the emptied gas fields in the north sea...

Sponsored Links
Its the National Grids new high pressure gas pipeline, runs across most of yorkshire

Yep, thats the one. I remember them putting it in in the Harrogate / North Yorks area about 3 years ago.

Can't remember if it's from Russia, or Eastern Europe, but somewhere like that. There was an article in the Yorkshire Post at the time.

Its the National Grids new high pressure gas pipeline, runs across most of yorkshire
from russia :?:

Cold where i am at the mo.
This thought went through my head tonight, ...Right, your shut down, no gas, what could you do to keep warm?

My heatings on full tonight, my daughter, with a three yr old,2 days overdue with another,lives next door, her heating has shutdown BG say they are too busy to attend till tuesday, she stays at ours at the mo, this service is paid for monthly WTF!!!!

it's not ALL from russia..
we have our own supplies.
we're just using all of theirs up first... :evil:
same as with the coal.. we've got a fair bit left but we stopped digging it up and buying it from abroad cheaper until they run out... then we'll dig our own up again.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back