Pipework to unvented cyclinder and radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having a complete C/H and hot water system installed. I intend to run some 22mm pipes myself as I go along with the refurb and then get the experts in to install the unvented cylinder and boiler. My question is, do I need to run a separate flow and return to the unvented cylinder?? or can I tee of these pipes to the rads as I go along??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need a boiler flow and return direct from your boiler with nothing connected and also your heating flow and returns to your radiators. In the cupboard the two returns will be joined and your two flows will be joined to the pump via zone valves. In summery you need four pipes

Why don't you talk to your chosen installer and work with him, it may make the whole process neater and handover much easier. If someone rang me and I got given the job, I would spend some time with the homeowner just helping them along explaining where I would like the stubs showing in the airing cupboard and boiler location etc.

How much are you expecting to do exactly? You'll also need cold to the cylinder, cold away from the cylinder, hot away from the cylinder (all in 22), and pressure relief (size depends on length of run and number of elbows)

Sponsored Links
For heavens's sake get your installer in early. Pay him an hour's labour to go over what he wants where.
It'll probably save you a fortune getting things wrong without realising you're doing it.
I've done that with people lots of times. It's always ended up with the cust doing his bit well (but slowly) and ending up with a very good job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back