PIR always active after redecoration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Long story short, got what looks like an Orisec system installed, wireless WiFi system. Wireless PIRs.

Recently redecorated in the hallway (changed colour from dark to light, in case it matters) and now the PIR in the hallway is constantly being triggered meaning I can't fully set the system.

I've checked the PIR cover, no paint splashes etc no obvious muck on the cover. It did have a bit of masking tape briefly placed along one edge but that's long gone.

Could the colour change have messed the settings up? I'm at a bit of a loss what to do next. Of course it's been installed by a company so they'd love me to call them out to fix it...

Anyone had similar before or know any fixes for a hypersensitive sensor?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Picture of pir would be useful,

Given that I have a fair few Orisec systems in houses painted white internally I would say it’s unlikely,

You say triggered, is that alarm or tamper?

Picture of pir would be useful,

Given that I have a fair few Orisec systems in houses painted white internally I would say it’s unlikely,

You say triggered, is that alarm or tamper?
Thanks for the response. I've added a couple of photos.

The low batt warning has appeared in the last day or two, I suspect because the PIR is firing up all the time.

No tamper alarms/codes to clear either, when I watch it on the app it flicks rapidly between "OK" and "ACTIVE" every few seconds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628_081030_Control Plus.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_081030_Control Plus.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20230628_081321.jpg
    20230628_081321.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 59
Interesting position for a pir, not recommended to have a PIR on a window frame or door frame.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Out of interest, can low batteries cause a sensor to constantly flag as active (thinking like a smoke detector, to prompt you to change the batt?)

New battery fixed it right up. Will still have a think for a new position. Cheers for the help!

potentially yes they could, Orisec gives you a battery warning when low but its possible to check the voltage of the batteries on the Orisec systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back