PIRs permanently stuck in Active state

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In brief, before expanding upon detail: The Control Panel indicates that all PIRs are constantly in Active status, despite there being no external condition (i.e. movement in front of sensor) and no red light showing, at any PIR. I'm in the dark as to the technical reason for this condition and how to correct it.

I re-located my alarm box and re-routed / replaced wiring as appropriate. The door sensor is fine (occupying circuits 1 and 2) but all the PIRs (circuits 3-6) all show status as Active the whole time that power is on - even though they have not been triggered by movement and show no red light at the PIR at any time.

I have carefully noted the original wiring and double-checked all connections. Everything looks exactly right. As the condition seemed to be opposite of what is normal, I even tried reversing the red/black power leads - to zero effect. The facility to show the resistance on each circuit shows that each is correct for Active status. I'm basically puzzled as to exactly what is causing this to happen.

(During the change, I disconnected smoke alarms from the system but don't see how that could affect things.)

I've failed to find any information on addressing faults, troubleshooting, etc. in my Installation & Programming Manual or User Manual. The Relearn feature for triggering the system to recognise the current hardware configuration has been used but hasn’t helped.

I imagine the solution is something straightforward - if only I had the experience to perhaps see the wood for the trees? I also guess the answer to be something generic but in case it helps my alarm system is a Menvier TS790+.

Many thanks in anticipation of help.

Sponsored Links
Simple, you've blown the fuse that supplies the power to the PIRs

Just below the centre of the PCB there are two horizontal fuses, you want the top one of the two, AUX 12v

I think on that pcb there are two fuses together in the middle of the board, the one closest to the speaker volume pot is the auxiliary fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back