House Alarm Problem PIR Active

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Have the following problem; when setting house alarm it will not activate and gives the following message - "warning check circuits lounge pir night active".
I have checked the instructions, which are poor, and still no further forward. There have been no false alarms or any other indication of any problems. I have not touched the lounge pir and it is still sensing movement. Model TS800
Any advice appreciate.
Wooly

Sponsored Links
imagine it is a door.

it is saying the door is open and not closed

Thanks, any ideas how to remedy? I can see no reason why it is active.

Sometimes the LED will light but the relay is knackered or a terminakl is loose. Try a walk test.

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt have put it like joe-90, but yes, its possible

if it shows open on walk test take the cover off 9this should set the tamper off) and if the connections are not loose, take the two wires that are connected to C and NC twist them and put thenm in either C or NC put the cover back on and try again, if it shows all is clear you need a new pir.

if it doesnt you will need to do the same thing at the panel for this circuit.

the above assumes it is NOT using resistors

many thanks, will try it out tomorrow. There are no instructions for the walk test, so will google it and am sure I can do the walk test.
PS. "knackered" is fine - not too technical

walk through test completed - all well except the lounge PIR!! It didn't activate. Just building up the courage to disconnect it and look at the wires.

Wires scare me ;)

Just a suggestion, laid new carpet, got mice, moved furniture, cables are easily damaged?

Hi, no we haven't done anything recently that may have interfered with the alarm.

I have followed breezer's advice, tamper set off the alarm. Everything inside looked intact and connected. I disconnected N twisted and re inserted, the same with C.

On walk test repeat, the PIR lit to detect my movement, but this didn't register on the alarm panel.

I have looked at the panel and again all wires seem to be visually fine and connected satisfactorily.

What should be my next step?

You need to link out the zone at the panel to see if you have a wiring fault.

no,no,no.

my suggestion which you have now done was never meant to make walk test work.

try setting it now.

if it sets then the pir has bitten the dust

Just tried to set and same original fault - lounge PIR night active.

I assume there are no resistors in the PIR?

assuming there isnt, now link it out in the panel (short piece of wire in the terminals for that cct, take the two wires out that were there)

now try and set it

Breezer, thanks for your help, please remember I am a novice. Could you treat me like a child and give me basic instructions.

How can I tell if there is a resistor in the PIR?

On the panel, how can I determine which is for the lounge PIR? Once located, do you want me to take the 2 wires out and then put a fresh piese of wire in to the panel linking those 2 slots together?

Again thanks for your patience and help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back