HSA 6400 - Zones Type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house in August which had an HSA6400 installed and equipped with 2 x PIRs and 2 X Door Contacts (plus siren and control panel).

We chose not to use the system - I was at home most of the time, we had 2 cats and and some personal difficulties.

Recently I heard beeping sounds and eventually discovered a PIR needed a battery change. This lead me to looking at the alarm further. I also established (from Yale) there is now a pet friendly PIR. I decided to purchase 2 Pet friendly PIRs and use 1 of the old PIRs in the (new) shed.

All appears to be installed / recognised but I am still unsure how to finally configure each of the devices. I am confused about the Entry and Home Away settings. Perhaps some one could help / confirm the following.

2 x Door contacts (front door , rear French windows) - set to Entry. Will activate when triggered in Home Arm or Away Arm mode (and will chime - if set in advanced settings).
1 x PIR located in outside shed / workshop (is within range and recognised) set to Entry. Will activate when triggered in Home Arm or Away Arm mode (same as DCs above).
2 x PET Friendly PIRs (lounge & kitchen) set to Home Omit. Will activate when triggered in Away Arm mode ONLY - i.e. will NOT trigger in Home Arm mode (should I raid the fridge in the early hours !)

I hope this achieves the following:-

1. An alarm is activated by any of the devices being triggered if we are Away from (or indeed inside) the property and the alarm is AWAY ARMed. [This would trigger if either of the doors are opened, there is a shed intruder or a NON pet triggers the indoor PIRs]
2. The alarm is not activated if a Pet Friendly PIR is triggered and the alarm is HOME Armed.
3. The alarm is activated if shed PIR or a door contact is triggered and the alarm is HOME Armed.

Seems so simple but don't want to be a public nuisance because I failed to setup the alarm correctly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back