PIR Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate any help.

I have an alarm system installed which is a texacom veritas.

There is a pir sensor in the conservatory but this tends to go into alarm mode when armed. I belive the problem is birds externally activating the pir, or its the environment within. Not sure which, or indeed may be both?

I would like to replace this with something more suitable, any ideas anyone.

Incidently I have set the zone to double knock type, but the pir still activates.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Do you know what type / brand / model the PIR is?

Is it located where it can 'see' through a window?

Are you certain there is no damage to the wiring to this detector?

You might find that a dual technology detector cures the problem. I have used dual techs before to replace seemingly randomly activating detectors.

http://www.brewtime.co.uk/product-detail.asp?d=839

Is it located where it can 'see' through a window?

You might find that a dual technology detector cures the problem. I have used dual techs before to replace seemingly randomly activating detectors.

Since when did PIRs 'see' through anything, let alone windows, unless they were left open of course?

Dual detector a good idea though

Note the apostrophes I put around 'see'

Bright sunlight through a window can sometimes cause a PIR to go into alarm state.

Sponsored Links
Not too sure on the brand of pir but thanks for the advice (all)
Its located fairly high up in the apex (but not right at the top) on the back wall looking down at a slight angle.

I'll check the wiring but I'm fairly confident that it will be OK.

I thought movement (birds) from outside at the perspex roof may be causing the problem?

Just realised you said its in a conservatory. Must have missed that first time :LOL:

I would definatly install a dual tech in that case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back