PIR PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have positioned my pir on my back wall but it keeps getting activated by the heat flue from my boiler is there any way i could avoid this by maybe repositioning my pir?

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you can do much about that other than move your PIR or somhow rechannel your flu outlet away from the PIR(but I wouldnt recommend messing with your flu without expert help)
I am assuming its outside lights and the boiler flue is in line with the PIR

Can you adjust the sensitivity of the PIR?

If not then you could try the old trick of reducing the field of detection by placing 2 bits of tape on the lens (letter box style) I have never tried it but I know a man who has ;)

Sponsored Links
RobFurn said:
Can you adjust the sensitivity of the PIR?

If not then you could try the old trick of reducing the field of detection by placing 2 bits of tape on the lens (letter box style) I have never tried it but I know a man who has ;)

Or a metal shield between sensor and flue pipe about 3 inches from the PIR then this can be cut to the required area to "hide" from the PIR.

Means the are under the flue pipe is still covered by the PIR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back