pir results, oven and hob on same circuit (no disc..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a periodic inspection report done and in the observations and recommendations section it said: oven and hob on same circuit (no discrimination between appliances, code 2
what do i need to get done?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Everybody in the country with an integrated cooker has got the oven and the hob on the same circuit.

How is each appliance connected to the circuit?

Code 2 is "Needs improvement", so basically it's a judgement call by an electrician who's seen something he doesn't like but which is neither dangerous nor in contravention of the wiring regulations.

Let me guess - he was a NICEIC electrician....

yep, he was nic/eic, i have to get the job done to get building control to sign the re-wire off, the hob is just daisy chained in to the back of the cooker then in to the terminal in the wall.
thanks

yep, he was nic/eic, i have to get the job done to get building control to sign the re-wire off,
Who did the rewire?

the hob is just daisy chained in to the back of the cooker then in to the terminal in the wall.
thanks
Ah - I see.

That's not right. Is it a gas hob, i.e. is the electrical connection just for the igniters?

And when you say "cooker", I assume you mean "oven"? What wattage is it?

Sponsored Links
yeah i meant oven, the hob is a ceramic one, the oven is 2.9kw, i have been told i need a fuse spur for the oven, is this correct?

Yup - fused spur, or just plug it in.

What wattage is the hob, and what is the rating of the MCB for the cooker circuit? It might be OK to fit a cooker control unit with a socket, and plug the hob in there...

due to the increase of "built in" ovens and hobs as opposed to all in one cookers, you'd think that the manufacturers would start making cooker switches with built in fused spur or DP swith as opposed to ones with built in sockets..

can't be that much of a re-tooling..

Everybody in the country with an integrated cooker has got the oven and the hob on the same circuit.

How is each appliance connected to the circuit?

Code 2 is "Needs improvement", so basically it's a judgement call by an electrician who's seen something he doesn't like but which is neither dangerous nor in contravention of the wiring regulations.

Let me guess - he was a NICEIC electrician....

A Code 2 may mean "not immediately dangerous", but it will still be a non compliance with BS7671 - A code 4 is "Does not comply to BS7671".

Isn't this question one that was already asked???

due to the increase of "built in" ovens and hobs as opposed to all in one cookers, you'd think that the manufacturers would start making cooker switches with built in fused spur or DP swith as opposed to ones with built in sockets..

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=54245#54245

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=77794#77794

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=378516#378516

can't be that much of a re-tooling..
I guess they could look a bit like these, for gas and electric hobs respectively.....

newccugashobrg7.jpg

newccuelectrichobip6.jpg

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back