Electric hob and oven wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm just about to replace our oven and hob, the new hob is rated at 7kw the old one was 6kw, and the old over was 2.4 kw and the new one is 1.8kw.

There is a cooker control switch on the wall and the connector box is situated behind the oven under the worktop.

The radial circuit wiring is 6mm and the oven and hob both came prewired with what looks like 4mm and 2.5mm Heatproof cable (not sure if thats what its called but still!)

In order to connect the oven and hob to the circuit I am going to need to move the connector box and turn it upside down (the cable is tight) and there is only one place it will fit and not foul the back of the oven.

Am I ok to connect both the oven and hob to the same connector box (it has 3mm separation between the contacts). Previously the hob fed the oven but they both drew power from the same place.

Thanks in advance,

P.s. I called Belling the manufacturer and they said that would be fine, but i'd like a second opinion. I've also read through a lot of old threads but couldn't find anything that was relevant.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back