Bosch oven And hob

Could you post a picture of the switch that's tripping as it sounds like an RCD problem. Could you also post a picture of your consumer unit, meter etc?

Sponsored Links
hi here's the consumer unit and meters, it's the main switch on the far right of the consumer unit that trips out.

Not ideal. The switch that is tripping is a 30mA RCD and on your type of installation they should never be installed as a main switch.

Cookers are notorious for tripping 30mA RCDs because they produce so much steam when cooking and condensation when cooling. Your problem sounds like condensation as it's tripping after cooking.

If it's a new cooker check all the vents are clear of packing and if you can have a look behind the cooker to see if they are obstructed.

If it's a second hand cooker it may need a full degrease.

If you can't find a problem with the vents you may need to change your CU arrangements to get the cooker off the RCD.

thanks for the info, i have to say how impressed i am with this site! you have been v helpful! If I need to replace the 30mA RCD what needs to be done? does this mean a whole new CU or can the switch be replaced for something more suitable? whatever the answer I suspect it's beyond my capabilities!

Sponsored Links
If you want your CU more in keeping with the regs, it needs to be replaced. If you are thinking of doing this, you may as well wait till next year & get it done to the 17th not the 16th edition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back