Placing a Tumble Dryer Above a Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering getting a tumble dryer.

Space is tight and believe it is possible to get fixings to position the tumble dryer above the washing machine?

Anyone got an idea of such a thing? Does it fix to the wall and/or sit on top of the Washing Machine? I live in an old Victorian house and some of the walls are crap and probably wouldn't take the weight of a tumble dryer?

Out of interest how much does a tumble dryer typically weigh? How does that compare against the weight of a typical washing machine?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if you get the same make of TD as your WM you should be able to get a kit to join the two. When i was a service engineer i used to hate seeing them.

Why not build a shelf above your wm and put TD on that (legs at front)

What you are after used to be called ' stacking kit', do not know if they are still available.

Remember to put in a hook into the wall for tying with rope or chainlink to the back panel to prevent the tumble dryer dancing away off the shelf!

Sponsored Links
masona

Remember to put in a hook into the wall for tying with rope or chainlink to the back panel to prevent the tumble dryer dancing away off the shelf!

Shouldnt be any need for that as they should be mechanicaly connected, the kits usd to have a pull out shelf.

My Hotpoint tumble dryer sits quite happily on top of my Hotpoint washing machine without any restraint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back