Planning Consent Increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a plot of land which planning consent was granted for a property back in 2009, I have spoken to a local Architect and he has informed me that I can increase the size of the property by 20% due to new planning regulations and the fact that the plans were granted in 2009

Is this correct?

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Presumably your architect is in possession of many more facts about the site (and the existing consent) than we have been afforded. On that basis, we can only concur with your architect's assessment.

If consent was granted in 2009 and works were not started, then the permission will have lapsed by now so what you can currently build is precisely 0% of the size of the granted scheme

No idea what a planning regulation is; perhaps he means local planning policy has changed. Or perhaps he's confused between planning and building regulation. Or perhaps he's referring to more generous permitted development rights. As Nakajo implies, you really ought to be interfacing with him; it sounds like he's the one who will be applying for your scheme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back