Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a planning application for a side extension and it is about to lapse. In the meanwhile, i am going through the process of separating the side piece of land too. My question is a) will the planning authorities accept the new application once the land is separated? b) should i put a halt to separating the land and apply for the planning application and then separate the land?

My concern is that if the land is separated they may decide to not renew the planning that is about to expire because it is now seen as a separate entity.

Thanks for all your help :)

Sponsored Links
They may refuse the application if local policy has changed, which it can do. So do not assume something that was approved three years ago will be approved today. Check if local policy has changed since you got the last approval.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back