Planning needed for raised extension ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Need some help on this. I live on quite a slope. My house is lower and at ground level than my neighbours. They are thinking of having an extension on the rear of their house but as they are higher than us it will not be built on ground level. If you follow me, their house has steps of probably 1.5m from the rear of their back door to the ground. Do they need to apply for planning for this ? I'm really struggling with any info on elevated extension

Sponsored Links
Ahh thanks I see now. If its a brick built house and the extension is wooden like kind of a summer house type thing as its not of the same/similar materials as the original property will this be a problem. Trying to get it right for them, they're not great with these things

Sponsored Links
That sounds more like a building control issue.

Do they absolutely need it attached to their property? Garden room is £500-750 p/m2, extension is £2-3k

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back