Planning permission for hardstanding/enginnering works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - i am waiting on some advice from local planning department (they offer free written advice on permitted development but they are slow) so I hoped someone here may be able to offer some advice based on past experience.

I wish to build a garage in my garden in the future. The garden is not level so I will need to extend the existing terrace to create a raised base onto which the garage will be built (classed as engineering works)

I intend to do this under permitted dev' but the planning lady who visited the garden for a look advised that the engineering works may need planning but the garage probably wouldn't. The engineering works will create a raised garage base which will be around 900mm higher than the existing ground level of the lower terrace and will extend the terrace 4-5 metres further back into the garden.

Has anyone taken on a similar project had to apply for planning? alternatively, would anyone know the typical limits of this type of work under permitted dev'?

any advice would be great
Thanks
Phil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back