Planning permission from Thames water for installing aco drain needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to install an ACO drain at the back of my property about 6m in length which will drain into the kitchen waste at the back of the property. The waste is only for the kitchen waste drainage. The property was built in 2001.

I have had a few quotes from different drainage companies and 3 of the companies have said I do not need permission from Thames water, however one of the company said I do need it.

I am non the wiser in what to do as I don't want to install something that is not permitted and if permission is required I probably won't go ahead with the project.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you need permission, just ask, I can’t see it being much of a problem.

Yes you absolutely would need permission, I suspect all of the company's know it but don't want that hassle, as to whether you just connect in or not is up to you. Depends on your attitude to it.

As it's surface water I don't see a problem. Just ask them and if they say you can, then go ahead with it.
If they say no, then you have saved yourself some sleepless nights, worrying that you may be caught out if they discover you had done it without permission.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back