Planning permission - slightly over max height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a log cabin delivered and after asking the suppliers numerous times its max ridge height, I have since found out it is actually higher than they stated by 150mm

Therefore my cabin and base will be sitting at 2.6m (it is within 2m of the boundary fence)

For this extra 100mm am I likely to be asked by the council to reduce the height if someone where to complain (likely given my neighbours)

I just wondered if the planning dept are very strict on this rule, my gut feeling is, yes they very much are.

thanks

Sponsored Links
It depends, but councils are advised by policy guidelines that enforcement is not appropriate for a 'minor or technical breach where no harm has occured'.

Is 150mm a minor breach? Presumably it depends on circumstances.

according to permitted development within 2 metres of a boundary your allowed to go 3m in height according to the planning portal?

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/miniguide

check this link out it states you are allowed to go a maximum of 3m in height to eaves within 2m of a boundary.
im in the process of building a single storey flat roof extension under p,d
the corner of the extension sits around 1.8 m from the boundary and the total height once finished will be 2925mm from natural ground height.
i dont foresee any problems with this.

Sponsored Links
Outbuildings is 2.5m as you originally said. It's a minor difference so I wouldn't be too concerned. Is the ground completely flat? It's measured from the highest point adjacent to the building.

Nick makes a valid point; just find the highest point of ground before you install the cabin, dig down and install so the base of the cabin walls are 150mm below that point

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back