Planning question - urgent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I am about to move house, filling in all the solicitors paperwork etc, had a dormer extension done around 5 yrs ago, got it signed off by building regs etc all legitimate i assumed

However it seems that no planning application was submitted by the builders who done the conversion! did he have too, or because it was under a certain size etc could he just do it without??

Most of my street has had a dormer conversion, mine being a single dormer, others have double dormers, so permission should not be a problem anyway.

working out the maths with the garage space included (this counts towards the final area) it just comes under 70m3, but I built a shed with the salvaged timber which would add to that size and bring me over if I had or need retrospective permission (and declared the shed) or because the roof was built before the shed would i be ok??

any advice or comments would be gratefully received, as retrospective permission if required will add around 2 months on the move and possibly scare off my purchaser

Kerr

MOD

please see item 11

Ok thanks Mr Moderator, accept my apology, just wondering if anybody else has had experience of this?

Sponsored Links
May have bene done under a building notice, if it didn't require planning permission. Your planning dept. should be able to tell you rather than asking on this forum.

Any roof alterations or dormers will need planning permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back