Planning software for gardens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife is investigating a business from home which would require her to submit a site plan. Basically of our garden and how it would be used. It doesn't need to be an architectural plan although we might later want some plan of a new structure, but it needs to let me create a to-scale plan... I think they stipulate 1:1250.

I thought it would be childs' play to find something online to do basic stuff like this... draw the shape of the garden and adjust it from real measurements, etc. But we can't find anything that's not ****. I'm a software developer and used to using all kinds of software but we've found nothing which is in the slightest intuitive or easy to use.

I previously used Sketchup but that's way overkill and has a learning curve. Can anyone recommend easy stuff, almost like the level of drawing connected lines in Word but a bit more feature-rich?

Sponsored Links
Googling "garden design freeware" gives numerous hits.

Googling "garden design freeware" gives numerous hits.
Yeah but I don't want to register with multiple sites, download their software and spend an hour trying each if someone here can recommend one they've actually used successfully.

Sponsored Links
Yeah but I don't want to register with multiple sites, download their software and spend an hour trying each if someone here can recommend one they've actually used successfully.
Lots of people use a variety successfully, thats no guarantee you will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back