Plans approved and Two Month Date meaning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just browsing building regs on the council's website.

Noticed that most things have a "Five week date" and a "Two month date"
What are these please? I assume they are dates of inspection? But google does not help much here. They could be some kind of deadline dates?

Also, the different statuses of building regs seem to be rejected, plans approved, approved.
This is also confusing as you don't submit plans for building regs?
So does a state of plans approved actually mean in relality?

Anyone shed any light on this?

Here's a random example (not my council but found through google).
https://publicaccess.westberks.gov....tails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=P2LGH2RD0MU00

Sponsored Links
This applies to a Full Plans application of which Building Control should issue a decision within 5 weeks (or 8 weeks if an extension of time has been agreed). The 8 weeks is more common for more complexed projects and ones that involve notifying other consultees, e.g. fire officer.

Also, if you haven’t agree to the additional 3 weeks and are unable to provide any additional/requested to Building Control once they have carried out a plan check within 5 weeks, they can and will reject the application.

As a matter of course, I always agree to the 8 weeks but in 99% of cases, decisions are issued a lot sooner than that.

Don’t really follow your last question. Full Plans applications can be conditionally approved, approved or rejected. Quite common for BC applications to be conditionally approved as the conditions can relate to manufacturers’ details. Can also be the case if the submitted engineers’ details and calculations are being checked for compliance by an in house or external consultant.

Thanks for claifying.
Those dates were throwing me as could not find anything on them by googling "two month date"
Yep, now you've explained it, the plans approved thing is obvious. :notworthy:

Sponsored Links
It won't make any difference to how long it takes to deal with, it just means you are more likely to get your plans rejected instead of being given a chance to resolve any outstanding issues and having to resubmit an app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back