planting a bamboo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anybody got any idea how big a bamboo i could grow in half a 45 gallon drum, if its worth doing im going to dig a hole and put the half a drum into the ground to try and contain the bamboo, the variety thats taken my fancy is a bamboo viva aureocaulis

ps if anybody has one of these could you give me some care and tips you could even give/sell me a piece of it to grow if you like!!!!

Sponsored Links
So many different types.
I have had bambo for 3 years, wouldnt fill 5 litre paint tin.

We are growing some bamboo in a 40cm x 40cm planter above ground and its growing really well woth new shoots etc

However its well drained and regulalry watered - if putting in a waterproof container in the ground obviously need to make sure enough drainage can occur

Choose a clump forming variety and keep it well trimmed and should be fine. We have Golden bamboo and it potentially can grow to 10m

Sponsored Links
hi could you tell me how long they take to establish? and how big you would expect yours to grow in your tub, i know if i plant it in a tub it is very likely that it will not be able to reach its max size but i do want 1 that will grow as huge as i can but still be contained thats why i was looking at the vivax aureocaulis as its meant to grow big without spreading too much

still yet to buy 1 but hopefully will get 1 in the not to distant future but am very open and welcome to ideas and suggestions

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back