plaster board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone please tell me if there is such a thing as a pre-finished plaster board, so all l have to do is tape and plaster the joints, thanks guys

regards kevin.

Sponsored Links
Whenever you buy a sheet of plasterboard, it is a pre finished board,,,, but whenever you fix it to a wall/ceiling, or have to join it to another one, you either have to tape and fill,, or tape and skim. So yes,,, there is such a thing, and you do exactly what you said,,, buy some, and all you have to do is tape and plaster the joints. ;)

If you buy tapered edged plasterboards, there is method called joint taping, this requires the joint to be taped and three application of joint cement to be applied and sanded down. The are the Joint cement covers will be about 150mm either side of the joint.
The product commonly used as the joint cement is called easifil, this a power product which you add water to. There are other types and some that comes ready mixed in a bucket.
This is an alternative to plastering the walls.

http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/SB07_Jointing_02.pdf

Sponsored Links
could anyone please tell me if there is such a thing as a pre-finished plaster board
If your thinking is pre-plastered boards then, no; all you can do is tape & fill standard Gypsum board (a bodge really), as the others have suggested. If the boards were pre-plastered, they would probably never survive the trip home from the stockist let alone being fixed; plaster does not flex to any appreciable extent. :LOL:

Sorry to hijack the thread, however I am wanting to line the rafters of my loft after insulating them and am planning on using T/E plasterboard. However, due to the size of my loft hatch, I have to use 6x3 boards. This will mean that I will have too, at some stage, butt up the boards on non T/E edges.

How can I, if at all, join up non T/E edges?

I am sur skimming will be suggested, however I really dont see the point of skimming for the loft, but want it to look at least finished.

TIA

CP

Read my post and follow the link, that will explain the methods used.
1800x900x12.5 tapered edge plasterboards are available, so I would ask around, failing that you can feather the joint out to look level, it will mean more covered of the Jointing compound over the board surface though.

Read my post and follow the link, that will explain the methods used.
1800x900x12.5 tapered edge plasterboards are available, so I would ask around, failing that you can feather the joint out to look level, it will mean more covered of the Jointing compound over the board surface though.

Thanks. Read the link and it makes sense. I was planning on using TE, but due to the area size I was going to have to joint some bottom edges that are unfinished.

CP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back