Plaster boarding on top of plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope you can help,

Is is sound practice to fix plaster board on top of existing plaster.

The wall and the plaster is sound but we want to fix thermal plaster board on a cold outside wall prone to mould?

You help would be appreciated

Clamityjane

Sponsored Links
clamityjane said:
Is is sound practice to fix plaster board on top of existing plaster.

No problem really, dry wall adhesive or screw/nail if you can find the original fixing points.

Might be an idea to check the source of the mould before going further though ;)

Hi, Thanks for that, the problem with the mould is a cold outside wall which never receives any warmth, it only happens when an item of furniture restricts the airflow. I cannot place anything against it.

I appreciate your help, I know on Saturday was diverted by MrBadgers demolition issue. I was nearly in the same position myself, as my husband wanted to start removing perfectly sound plaster work, ensuring that I definitely would not be back in my bedroom by next Christmas.

Thanks for saving my marriage!

Clamity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back