plaster or central heating first

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have no central heating in the house so need it installed. should i be getting the walls skimmed first, then allowing the central heating to be installed. there will be no burying required of the pipes.
im worried if installing central heating around the house after plaster, could this cause cracks in the plaster around the house??

Sponsored Links
As long as the plaster dries out naturally Vic there shouldn't be a problem. Most places would be plastered first anyway,and then the heating, plumbing etc installed.

Roughcaster.

thanks roughcaster.
how long should i allow for the plaster to dry out naturally in this kind of weather in a empty house??
should i be using pva after plaster for paint??
i was bit concerned if i run the pipes under the floorboards through walls etc it may cause fresh new plaster to crack in areas.

my central heating guy wants to run all the pipes, hang radaitors, boiler etc all in one fix...

If it's just skim coated, a week would be plenty,open the windows and doors and let the draught in and that'll dry it out no problem. Don't (ever)put PVA onto the walls to seal them, put on a mist coat, ( diluted "MATT" emulsion") it will tell you on the tin how much to dilute it down. The Guys in "Painting and Decorating" will tell you more. If the heating guys are careful, there shouldn't be a problem. As long as they don't start knocking h ell out of your walls.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back