Plaster over MR boards in bathroom

Izy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

We have some mould on the wallpaper in the bathroom in our recently purchased house. On removing the wallpaper, we discovered the walls to be mostly MR plasterboard, and when removing the chip wood paper, some of the green coat of the MR came off with it. My question is now, what do I do in terms of removing the mould from the plasterboard, how do I need to seal the boards to be able to plaster over it to then be able to paint it? Anything in particular I need to watch out for or make sure to do?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply, there's not a huge amount, just a small edge on one of the plasterboards and a line on the outside wall. My worry is how to get it off the plasterboard as it won't simply wipe off the paper.

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply, there's not a huge amount, just a small edge on one of the plasterboards and a line on the outside wall. My worry is how to get it off the plasterboard as it won't simply wipe off the paper.
Try a small amount of bleach don't go mad with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back