plaster over spray foam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few voids in my wall that is being plastered.. if I fill them with spray foam and cut to match the brick profile ( ie so it's flush with the brick ) can it be plastered over?

Sponsored Links
http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/750ml-expanding-foam

I believe that ColJack is talking about larger areas than cable chases or window frame fills. Having said that, I've misread the post - thought he was looking at using foam as the basecoat, whereas it would appear the it's just to fill missing bricks prior to this :oops:

Sponsored Links
specifically this..

View media item 13061
I'm not a builder and don't fancy trying to dig out the broken bricks and patch in some new ones..
figure if I foam it in layers and cut it flush with the corner?

you sure he can? it's missing 3 half bricks there.. ( no idea why? it was like that when I took the cupboard down.. )

no problem! he will be putting a corner bead on there, just have a couple of bricks to hand.

Filling up holes like that with foam is criminal.
Just wadge in a chunk of brick with some sand and cement to get it about flush with the rest.
Squish smaller pieces into big lumps of mortar - this will make a stronger repair.
If you do it before the plasterer comes it'll make his job quicker and better.

couldn't I just foam the brick in in that case?
Sellotape will be better :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Given the time factor, I'd leave it to him - he'll use bonding or drywall adhesive. Sure, it won't be as strong as mortar, but it won't be the end of the world

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back